1. Today as we end the week and begin a new month let us rejoice in the Father of Lights. James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” God, we rejoice that you are consistent.
2. Lord of Hosts, we pray You stop the virus plaguing the world. Heal our people. Bring provision, even miraculous provision. Equip and prepare your covenant people for the battles ahead.
3. God, we pray for courage to walk the path You have called us to. Even as Joshua was called to be courageous and not discouraged, we will not be discouraged! Jos 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
4. We pray the Blood of Jesus over ourselves, our families, our nation and our world.
5. Covenant – Your promise to us. You forever forgave our sins through the blood of Jesus Christ. Today we thank you for that eternal forgiveness and bind our hearts again to Jesus. Mat 26:28 “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.”
6. Lord, we appeal to heaven and ask for Your favor and mercy upon our Nation. Just as George Washington and our founding Fathers prayed for our fledgling nation, we cry out for her today.
7. Today is the National Day of Prayer. We pray for God’s Glory to be seen across the earth. Hab 2:14 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.”
8. We thank God for victory over the enemy’s plans. 1Cor 15:57 “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
9. Rejoice in life. Today we celebrate life as the gift You have given us to know You and serve others.
10. Thank you Father, for our mothers. May they be blessed today and know how valued they are to You and to us.
11. George Washington said, “Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages”. God today we pray for the strength to keep fighting the good fight, knowing you are with us.
12. Mat 5:16 “[L]et your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” We pray our voices and hands would be used by Jesus to uplift the downtrodden.
13. Father, we ask for opportunities to share the name and love of Jesus with others. Let our hearts be open to your prompting to serve others.
14. May there be peace in our hearts and laughter in our lives. Father, may You help us to walk in peace in the midst of trial and to remember joy.
15. Father we have prayed many prayers for our family members who are walking astray. May today be a turning point for them to come back You.
16. God, we pray for Journey church. We ask that the plans that you have for this season be fulfilled. May we reach those we are called to and be a blessings to our neighbors.
17. God, we pray for our leaders and ask you give them the wisdom and knowledge that only you can provide.
18. Jesus, you trained your disciples and then sent them out. In the same way, we pray that you likewise train us with your Word to be sent out.
19. Psalm 103:1-3 “Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your sins and heal all your diseases…”
20. Today is Armed Forces day. We acknowledge our thanks for all those currently serving in active duty military. May they be protected and know the truth of God.
21. We pray for the chaplains serving in the military, fire and police departments. Give them health and strength to take the Word of God to the neighborhoods and the nations.
22. Lord we dedicate our households to you. We pray that you give us the wisdom to lead those under us and to be led by those over us. May the Lord heal our families.
23. We pray for academics and researchers, that they may recognize the wonders of God in His creation.
24. We exalt the King of Kings and Lord of all. We rejoice in the God who saves us and leads us on the path of righteousness.
25. Memorial day – Father we remember today those who have fallen in battle. We ask for their sacrifice to be remembered and for our nation to value the freedom they defended.
26. God, thank You that You made each of us a unique creation. Let our lives be used in Your service to draw others to Jesus.
27. Jesus, help me to know who I am in you and the giftings you have placed within me. May I know my calling and follow you in that paths you have for me.
28. We pray for healing within our families, our nation and the world. May the Blood of Jesus bring each one to life.
29. Today is the middle of the festival of weeks or Shavuot, when God gave Moses the law from Mt. Sanai. Thank you Lord for the 10 Commandments. Help us to follow your laws.
30. God, may this time of resetting find us clinging more to You and listening and following Your promptings in all areas of our lives.
31. Pentecost – Holy Spirit we thank you for your counsel and character. We pray you move on us as you did on the disciples in Acts 2.